Hammerman PLLC doing business as Intermediary® practices business, entertainment, copyright, media and trademark law with services ranging from contract negotiation, copyright enforcement, copyright registration, customs recordation, distribution and syndication agreements, intellectual property litigation, licensing agreements, retrieving retransmission royalties, and US trademark prosecution. Our licensed attorneys can also assist you with international trademark protection by guiding you through the Madrid International Trademark Protocol.
We provide insight, understanding, and experience in advising entrepreneurs and established media companies how to protect their business interests, intellectual property and media rights. We also provide expertise to a variety of business clients to protect their brand and business identity, such as, copyright, trade dress, trademarks, service marks, designs, logos and symbols associated with creative works, product names and services.
Intermediary® provides U.S. and foreign clients with the highest quality service and value as trusted legal advisors. Through professional associations with other U.S. and international law firms and practitioners, we provide access to a wide range of quality legal services to protect intellectual property rights and business interests on a national and international scope. While we serve clients across the United States and in foreign countries, our Washington, D.C. office location offers easy access to the U.S. Copyright Office, the Copyright Royalty Board, and the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) for filings, hearings, trademark prosecutions and oppositions, and meetings with federal government employees. The attorneys at Intermediary are at your service. We invite you to consult with us.
Services we provide include the following:
- Representation of television producers, program suppliers and syndicators before federal agencies in the U.S. and copyright collectives internationally
- Representation of artists, broadcasters, composers, and musicians before performing rights organizations
- Copyright registration
- Copyright enforcement
- Customs recordation
- Rights and clearances for copyrights (film, music, and television) and trademarks
- Retrieving retransmission royalties
- Initiating blank tape fee compensation
- Trademark prosecution
- Transactional, litigation, and other legal services for artists, musicians, television program suppliers and other content providers
- Negotiating the rights and compensation for the licensing and distribution of clients’ programming